My inspiration for this Spring project came from my buddy, Karianne over at Thistlewood Farm. I adore everything about her, her blog and her style, but what really hooked me was her easy peasy burlap vase project.   Since falling for her wrap, I have started a "border line" obsession with a few wraps of my own.
I did this one for my mantel 
 I did this one for a gift
  I did this one for my Daffodils that you can read about here
The idea of something that looks pretty and is a cool way to conceal the flower stems that have been sitting in water a little to long, just works for me. 
To add to my collection, here are two that I made for Easter that I wanted to show you how to make.
 Vase #1
  Vase #2
  To make these wraps you will need:
  • glass vase
  • Choice of fabric for the wrap. For my larger vase ( vase #1)  I used cream colored muslin. For my smaller vase ( vase #2) I used cream color burlap
  • Velcro
  • fabric for the bunny ( or whatever image you use)
  • Fusible Web or liquid Stitch to secure your image to the wrap
  • burlap for the tail, eyes and ear
1) Measure the circumference of your vase and add about 1/2 inch to both sides. You will also need to determine how tall you want the wrap to be, add 1/2 inch to these sides as well.
2) Sew your finished edges.
3) Next, sew your Velcro strips on at the ends of your fabric wrap. After sewing the Velcro to one side, turn your piece over and sew it onto the opposite side on the other end. You want the two Velcro pieces to connect, so that it secures itself around your vase.
4) Next, add your bunny. I traced a bunny pattern onto my fabric and then cut the shape out.
5) I then used fusible web to secure my bunny to the wrap. After ironing on the fusible web to the bunny, I ironed  the bunny onto the wrap. You could also use liquid stitch to adhere the bunny to the wrap. Another option is to finish the edges of your bunny by sewing around the image once it is secure on the wrap.


6) For the eyes, ear and tail I used cream burlap. For the tail and eye , I made rosette flowers ( big and small) and secured with hot glue. For the ears, I simply twisted a small piece of the burlap and secured on with hot glue. 
 For my larger vase, I also added two strips of fabric around the top and bottom of the vase and secured with hot glue.
 Sweet ugh?


Perhaps you will start a collection of your own?



Sharing the wrap at 

Tip Junkie handmade projects

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top